Tuesday 4 June 2013

Saw one of my friends, today.

After having been interrogated by my mother's friends, I received a text message from one of my friends which I have not seen in quite some time. I was really happy that he asked if I was free because, for one thing I certainly was, I really needed time to get out of the house and have a little bit of fun. 

After waiting for my friend for about 20 minutes, we stepped outside to get into this car, and BAM! The sunshine was incredibly warm and beautiful. For the past several days, I believe it was perhaps an entire week, the weather was just absolutely dreadful and dull! It was raining continuously and there was not one ray of sun passing through the dark dismal clouds up above. I could smell freshly cut grass, the scent of flowers in the breeze, and nature all around me. Being cooped up inside my room working and doing research is certainly not entirely stressful, but it can cause some mental harm. 

We were driving here and there deciding where we should go, so we went to SunRidge Mall. There was absolutely no where to park for there was a little carnival going on not too far from it, so as one would have expected, there would have been no parking at all. Me being incredibly bored and annoyed with the parking, I said, "Let's go to Joey! I want to grab a Mojito." Oh indeed I grabbed my mojito! I believe they may have spiked my drink because I was incredibly drunk after ONE GLASS! I was rather red in the face. Do I not look charming? :P 
Then we decided we would go watch a movie! Oh yes, this is like the best because the timing of the movies were way off and I was still rather drunk! We arrived at the Cineplex at around 15h30 and all the movies were going to begin at either 15h45 or 19h00, and the only not so ridiculously late movie that was going to play was at 17h50. So, we chose that one. The movie that started at 17h50 happened to be After Earth. Yes, you read that correctly, I typed After Earth, the one with Will Smith and his son. I thought that the movie comes out on the 7th of June, but apparently not, and on top of that, the movie was literally half off than normal ticket prices. The movie itself was not so entertaining, actually, if you are the type of person that enjoys explosions, death, and sexual scenes, then this movie is most definitely not for you! I do not want to spoil it, but I believe that movie was more of an entertaining way of saying, "What is needed, rather than running away or controlling or suppressing or any other resistance, is understanding fear; that means, watch it, learn about it, come directly into contact with it. We are to learn about fear, not how to escape from it.
Jiddu Krishnamurti 
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_fear.html#BdhKvAJ6LYhUO2oT.99


After the movie, we went to chapters and browsed through some books! I saw some very interesting titles like "The Stranger's Child," "The Kite Runner," "The Shining," and a book by a Chinese author named Ai Mi. After I finish reading the series of unfortunate events (which in my personal opinion, is a rather slow, and taxing read. I am not enjoying any of the books so far! But I will have to finish them) I will finish up Harry Potter, and then read these very interesting books. 

Skipping along, we finally get home! The weather was still as hot as it was when the moment I stepped to head out! So I was relived to finally get back home and drink some cool water. My friend and I had a really long chat about how school was bothering him and I told him that school should not determine success, rather school should be a backup plan if your plan to success does not succeed. That way no time is wasted and you have a job. I was thinking to myself that perhaps I should study aboard (by aboard I mean just across the country, ha!) I am thinking about taking Paralegal at this University my friend is interested in. Speaking of Universities, my friend was distressed about the amount of tuition he will have to pay if he decides to go to Academy of Art University, which is located in San Francisco. Of course, we are not incredibly wealthy people, so 80k for 4 years is undoubtably distressing. But I told, write out the pros and cons of attending both schools like would both of these institutions take you to the same place in life? And many more similar questions. But I think I was able to help sort out his thoughts before he headed home. 

Any who! My day was really nice, and I could not have asked for better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment